Monday, July 22, 2013

Today is the Day

    It’s a tough thing to do; to explore the world. Its an even tougher thing to explore yourself. Now before you go getting all “ junior-high” on me, and start throwing out inappropriate jokes,  hear me out. It takes a ton of strength to look inside yourself and really explore who you are and what you are truly capable of.
    Sometimes it takes an extraordinary circumstance to occur in order for people to summon up the courage to discover themselves; to unleash their potential. The circumstance could be good or bad. It could be anything from base jumping from the Burj Khalifa, navigating a treacherous river in a tiny kayak, a horrible break-up or the death of a loved one. Some people need that. Some people don’t. I encourage you to be the latter.
    I encourage you, no I challenge you to constantly look inside yourself. Every day should be an opportunity to improve in any way. Every day should be the start of something grand. You should wake up every morning and be excited because today is going to the day you discover something new about yourself. Today is going to be the day that you do something, say something, even eat something that you never thought that you could or would (unless you have a food allergy. Don’t eat that).
    It shouldn’t take an horrible circumstance to get you move. It should not take the end of the world in order for you to start discovering it. It took an almost near end to mine before I decided to find out what I was made of and what I was capable of accomplishing. As hard and impossible a task as it may seem, I implore you to try. 
    If you need to be pushed, here I am pushing you. Thank you for reading and remember: Today is the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment